Workers’ Compensation Defense
Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett (MBLB) is nationally known as a leader in workers’ compensation litigation defense, defending claims under both state and federal statutory schemes and delivering consistently good results. Our attorneys have been recognized by their peers as among the top in workers’ compensation law and are active in the industry, fostering relationships with the local workers’ compensation bar and the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL).
Our workers’ compensation litigation defense attorneys have handled longshore compensation claims at all levels, including the representation of employers and carriers before the Office of Workers’ Compensation, the Office of Administrative Law Judges, the Benefits Review Board, the United States Circuit Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. We have handled longshore defense claims in ports coast to coast.
We handle Louisiana Workers’ Compensation claims statewide at every level of the litigation process. This includes mediation and trial at the Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration and through all appellate levels, paying particular attention to involving both employers and their insurers in the defense process.
Workers’ Compensation Clients
- ACE American Insurance Company
- American Equity Underwriters
- FCCI Insurance Group
- Markel Service Incorporated
- Zurich National Insurance Company
Our Approach to Claims
MBLB’s workers’ compensation defense team prides itself in achieving favorable results in a manner that is both professional and cost effective. We understand the nuances of the law, which allows us to tailor our representation of each client to that client’s specific needs. Our multi-faceted approach to handling defense claims is unique and dynamic to ensure that every client is satisfied with how claims are resolved. We are attuned to the defense litigation process, which allows us to recognize when aggressive litigation is necessary, and also when favorable results can be achieved more practically.
Workers’ Compensation Defense Team
Workers’ Compensation Defense News
- Analyzing Workers’ Compensation Liability for COVID-19 Infections,
- First Circuit Finds Statutory Employer Relationship Can Exist Even Without Express Recognition,
- Second Circuit Finds Employee Forfeited Benefits After Intentionally Failing to Answer Questions Regarding Past Medical History,
- Win for Air Ambulance Companies: States Can’t Cap the Cost of Medevac Flights,
- Reliance on IME Physician’s “Overzealous” Report Found to be Objectively Reasonable,
- Louisiana Supreme Court Declines to Include Benefits in Hearing Loss Case,
- In Workers’ Compensation Case, Louisiana Third Circuit Court of Appeal Finds Employee May be Compelled to Undergo an Independent Medical Examination,
- COVID-19 Impact on Workers’ Compensation Claims,
- MBLB Joins in Amicus Brief to the Louisiana Supreme Court,
- In Workers’ Compensation Case, First Circuit Reaffirms Choice of Pharmacy Remains with Employer,