Workers’ Compensation Defense
Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett (MBLB) is nationally known as a leader in workers’ compensation litigation defense, defending claims under both state and federal statutory schemes and delivering consistently good results. Our attorneys have been recognized by their peers as among the top in workers’ compensation law and are active in the industry, fostering relationships with the local workers’ compensation bar and the U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL).
Our workers’ compensation litigation defense attorneys have handled longshore compensation claims at all levels, including the representation of employers and carriers before the Office of Workers’ Compensation, the Office of Administrative Law Judges, the Benefits Review Board, the United States Circuit Courts of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. We have handled longshore defense claims in ports coast to coast.
We handle Louisiana Workers’ Compensation claims statewide at every level of the litigation process. This includes mediation and trial at the Office of Workers’ Compensation Administration and through all appellate levels, paying particular attention to involving both employers and their insurers in the defense process.
Workers’ Compensation Clients
- ACE American Insurance Company
- American Equity Underwriters
- FCCI Insurance Group
- Markel Service Incorporated
- Zurich National Insurance Company
Our Approach to Claims
MBLB’s workers’ compensation defense team prides itself in achieving favorable results in a manner that is both professional and cost effective. We understand the nuances of the law, which allows us to tailor our representation of each client to that client’s specific needs. Our multi-faceted approach to handling defense claims is unique and dynamic to ensure that every client is satisfied with how claims are resolved. We are attuned to the defense litigation process, which allows us to recognize when aggressive litigation is necessary, and also when favorable results can be achieved more practically.
Workers’ Compensation Defense Team
Workers’ Compensation Defense News
- Collateral Source Rule Does Not Apply to Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Insurance Payments,
- Louisiana Supreme Court Affirms Broad Coverage of Workers’ Compensation as Exclusive Remedy for Minor Performing Prohibited Work,
- The Internet of Things: A Discovery Nightmare,
- Writs to Louisiana Supreme Court Denied in the Barber Case,
- Updates in Louisiana State Workers’ Compensation,
- Internal Revenue Service Issues 2019 Optional Standard Mileage Rates,
- Workers’ Compensation Rates Continue to Decrease in Louisiana,
- Recent Development in Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Law: First Circuit Rules on the Barber Case,
- Collateral Source Rule Applies to Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Insurance Payments—or Does It?,
- Louisiana GAME ON Task Force Working to End Misclassification of Workers,