The attorneys at Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett (MBLB) represent a broad range of governmental entities in the State of Louisiana, including parish governments, municipalities, levee districts and sheriffs. We defend 42 U.S.C. Sec. 1983 claims, tort actions, zoning and land use matters, civil service, employment and workers’ compensation matters involving governmental entities and their employees.
Our attorneys also counsel governmental clients regarding contracts, public bid law issues and investigations, as well as handling public officials’ and officers’ defense, public and government property liability defense or premises liability defense, and public entity immunity cases. We have represented clients before city, parish and state administrative entities.
MBLB’s Municipal Law team has trial experience, both jury and non-jury, on behalf of governmental entities and their insurers and has achieved favorable outcomes, findings of no liability and damages less than offered in settlement before trial, and on appeal when necessary.
Municipal Law Clients
- Levee districts
- Parish governments
Your Issues are Important to Us
We make it a point to stay current on all aspects of public sector defense and issues important to insurers in this arena. We visit you to better understand the issues important to you. We also keep you informed about legal issues that affect governments and their insurers through our web news, customized on-site seminars provided by our attorneys and publications from our attorneys in this area of law.
Municipal Law Team
Municipal Law News
- Pro Se Litigant Given Opportunity to Cure Inadequate Complaint,
- Louisiana Supreme Court Weighs in on Certified Questions in Baton Rouge Protest Federal Lawsuit,
- Cases of Interest from the U.S. Fifth Circuit,
- MBLB Victory at Fifth Circuit Highlights Difference Between Qualified Immunity and Monell Liability for Police Officers and Departments,
- Football Team Not Liable for Accident Caused by Off-Duty Sheriff Deputy During Police Escort,
- Fifth Circuit Finds Bodycam Video Crucial in Dismissing Plaintiff’s Excessive Force Complaint,
- 10 MBLB Attorneys Included in New Orleans Magazine 2021 Top Lawyers,
- Fifth Circuit Reverses the District Court and Grants Officers Qualified Immunity,
- In a Recent Civil Rights Case, Fifth Circuit Reinforces Qualified Immunity Serves to Protect Police Officers,
- SCOTUS Overturns Fifth Circuit in Qualified Immunity Case,