We are seeking a full-time Paralegal to undertake a variety of administrative and billable tasks within our Longshore Insurance Defense practice group. Our Longshore Insurance Defense team works together to focus on serving our clients in the Workers’ Compensation (State and Federal) and Defense Base Act (DBA) arena. This is a very busy practice area. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Provide administrative support to one or more lawyers
- Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and partners
- Greet visitors and perform initial screening of clients
- Review and analyze legal documents
- Prepare notices of depositions, authorizations and subpoenas duces tecum
- Tack and follow up on incoming documents including employment and medical records
- Conduct thorough statistical/ documentary research
- Source and verify important case intelligence
- Schedule SMOs, IMEs and depositions
- Preserve an updated case record system
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Proven experience as paralegal
- Knowledge of constitution, legal terminology, regulations and court system
- Knowledge of MS Office and ability to work with legal technology (court-filing computer systems, etc.)
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems is a plus
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
- Outstanding time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and maintain deadlines
- Paralegal certification or diploma is a plus
Our firm pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance. We participate in 401(k) and FSA contributions. Additional firm offerings include supplemental dental, vision, accident and hospitalization plans. Our firm rewards performance with annual increases and quarterly and annual production bonuses.
We encourage community involvement and take part in several firm-wide philanthropies throughout the year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mouledoux Bland Legrand & Brackett, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Interviews are in progress. If you are an experienced paralegal in the New Orleans area and are looking to work with a great team, apply now.
Confidential candidates interested this fabulous job opening should email his/her resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.