We are seeking a full-time Legal Secretary to handle a variety of administrative tasks within our Insurance Defense practice. Our team works together with attorneys, paralegals, and schedulers to focus on serving our clients. This is a very busy practice area that requires strong organization skills. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all office procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency.
- Assist and support attorneys with clerical and administrative functions
- Assist with calendaring events, maintaining deadlines and ensuring documents and files are filed according to department filing guidelines
- Assist and support attorneys with court filings
- Prepare legal documents and reporting within a timely manner to meet deadlines of attorney or court, whichever is requested
- Maintain pertinent information regarding client matters within the firm electronic and paper filing system where necessary
- 1-2 years of related experience required
- Strong organizational skills and familiarity with legal documents, such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts, etc.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with legal team within the designated practice group regarding deadlines and capacity
- Manage deadlines, multi-task and prioritize projects
- Maintain a strong understanding of technical legal terminology and processes
- Work as a team while maintaining independent judgement
- Strong understanding of legal terminology, local court/jurisdiction rules, and adherence to law office procedures
- Maintain composure and professionalism under pressure of pending litigation as well as adapt to new situations and changing priorities
Our firm pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance. We participate in 401(k) and FSA contributions. Additional firm offerings include supplemental dental, vision, accident and hospitalization plans. Our firm rewards performance with annual increases and annual bonuses.
We encourage community involvement and take part in several firm-wide philanthropies throughout the year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mouledoux Bland Legrand & Brackett, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Interviews are in progress. Confidential candidates interested in the Legal Secretary opening should email their resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration.