Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS), a non-profit organization that helps connect legal resources to Louisiana residents who are living below the poverty level, hosted a trivia fundraiser event that Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett sponsored. The trivia event, “When’s the Bar Exam?,” was held on Wednesday, June 22nd at NOLA Brewing.
MBLB attorneys Mike Parks, Patrick Babin and Dan Sullivan and future attorney Alex Domingue represented the firm. While they did not take home a prize, they had a great time and got to bid on some excellent silent auction prizes, including a Jazz Fest Poster of Louis Prima signed by the singer, Tony Bennett.
SLLS reported that this year’s event was their most successful one yet.
Thank you, Mike Parks, Patrick Babin, Dan Sullivan and Alex Domingue for representing our firm. We are already looking forward to next year!
About Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS) fights for fairness for vulnerable people. The organization provides free, civil legal aid to low-income people in six offices, across 22 parishes throughout southeast Louisiana. Their six offices are located in Baton Rouge, Covington, Gretna, Hammond, Houma, and New Orleans. Everyday they:
- protect domestic violence victims,
- empower abused and neglected children by giving them a voice in their lives and the courtroom,
- preserve housing for hard-working families,
- end homelessness for people with disabilities and veterans,
- protect elderly consumers,
- remove barriers to access medical care,
- improve access to employment and education for vulnerable people,
- and so much more.
No matter what challenges our communities face, SLLS work every day to increase access to justice and help vulnerable people clear life’s legal hurdles.