General Casualty & Insurance Defense
Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett’s (MBLB) reputation for handling general casualty litigation in state and federal courts is widely known in the insurance and corporate worlds. Our attorneys have been recognized by their peers as among the top in casualty litigation and insurance defense. We represent a number of insurers and work hand in hand with them to achieve consistently favorable results. In each case, our defense plan includes on-site casualty investigations, gathering evidence, deposing witnesses, working with experts, and recommending appropriate medical assessments and treatment, which is crucial to proactively pushing the claim toward a favorable resolution.
We have defended our insurance and corporate clients in a broad range of suits, from simple “slip and fall” cases to complex catastrophic brain and spinal injuries to toxic tort lawsuits. A substantial portion of our practice includes defense of insurance clients and their insureds in general casualty, maritime, public sector, commercial, transportation, trucking, automobile, product liability, premises liability, professional liability and construction litigation. We have also counseled our insurance and non-insurance clients in complex coverage matters, including defense and indemnity, insurance coverage opinions, insurance coverage disputes, denials of coverage, reservations of rights, insurance ranking and co-insurance.
MBLB has also handled a broad range of asbestos, environmental and toxic tort litigation. Attorneys in our firm have significant experience in representing manufacturers, premises owners and employers in state and federal courts in the context of mesothelioma and asbestosis lawsuits. We have worked with medical, scientific, marine transport, industrial and other technical experts in the defense of our clients in asbestos lawsuits and have developed the institutional knowledge that is beneficial to the defense of our clients. We have partnered with criminal defense attorneys to provide responses to environmental investigations and prosecutions and assisted in counseling our clients on developing preventive programs and statutory compliance to avoid environmental problems.
General Casualty and Insurance Defense Clients
- Allianz Global and Corporate Specialty
- Cherokee Insurance Company
- Chubb Group/ACE American Insurance
- Everest National Insurance Company
- Nationwide Insurance Company
- OneBeacon Government Risks
- Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company
- The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies
- W.R. Berkley Cos.
Your Business is Important to Us
When it comes to casualty and insurance defense, we strive to understand your approach to the defense of claims so together we can achieve the best result possible in a cost-efficient manner. In addition to our partnering approach to defending matters in litigation, we also will keep you informed about legal issues that affect your claims handling through our web news as well as customized on-site seminars presented by our attorneys.
General Casualty & Insurance Defense Team
General Casualty & Insurance Defense News
- Louisiana Federal Court Excludes Opinion Testimony of Treating Physicians on Causation,
- Lights, Camera, Judgment: Mark Hanna Scores Win for Local Film Studio,
- Louisiana First Circuit Court of Appeal Reviews Effect of Settlement on Insurer’s Duty to Defend,
- U.S. Attorney Announces Additional Indictments in Insurance Fraud Case Against Alleged Staged Accident Ringleader,
- Eastern District of Louisiana Weighs In On “The Forum Defendant Rule”,
- Legislation Pending to Amend Minimum Mandatory Insurance Coverage for Interstate Trucking Companies,
- Louisiana Supreme Court Considers First-Party Bad Faith Claim Prescriptive Period,
- Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals Addresses Psychological Compensation Resulting from Physical Injuries,
- Automobile Liability Insurer Remains in Lawsuit Despite Executory Judgment,
- Claim Dismissed Against Employer and Insurance Carrier for Alleged HIPAA Violation,