C. Michael Parks, Member
Member Mike Parks has more than 25 years of experience in trucking, transportation and automobile defense, general casualty and insurance defense, premises liability, products liability, and maritime litigation. As supported by the peer honors he has received, including Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Rating, inclusion in Super Lawyers and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers, Mike has developed a reputation as a highly skilled trial attorney in transportation and insurance defense litigation. He has represented national commercial and personal automobile insurers, motor carriers, transportation and delivery companies and their insurers. Mike regularly conducts catastrophic loss investigations involving 24/7 response and coordination with insured clients, investigators, accident reconstruction experts, and law enforcement officials for accidents involving various commercial vehicles.
Mike really enjoys working with his clients and solving their problems. “I am very results-oriented. From inception, I focus on the true issues of the case in an effort to obtain an outcome that will best serve the needs of my client. That includes telling my client what she or he needs to hear early on rather than waiting to tell them what they don’t want to hear late in the case.”
Mike is a longtime member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association and the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel. He is a past president of the New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, where he also served as a board member.
Mike lives in Metairie with his wife, Julie, and their three teenagers. He has served as a volunteer coach of his kids’ teams in basketball, baseball and softball and as league coordinator.
- Trucking Industry Defense Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, Board of Directors (2005 – 2013)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Guest Speaker, Arkansas Transportation Seminar
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Super Lawyers – Transportation/Maritime Law (2013-2020)
- New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers – Transportation Law (2009, 2015-2019)
- Member, Loyola Law Review
Civic and Community
- Carrollton Boosters volunteer recreational sports organization, Past Vice President, Past Board Member
- Mary’s Dominican High School Dads’ Club, Volunteer
- Catherine of Siena Men’s Club, Volunteer