As we move through these uncertain times together, we hope that you, your families and friends remain in good health.
Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett is committed to continuing to serve you well. Even though we are working remotely, all of our attorneys have full access to accommodate our clients. Even though most courts have temporarily suspended operations, we will continue to work to move your legal matters forward. You can reach us through our office lines, by email, or our mobile numbers. Do not hesitate to reach out.
As important is our commitment to our community. As New Orleans battles COVID-19, many of the city’s prominent law firms looked outside courtrooms and conference rooms for ways to help. Their program, L.I.G.H.T (Lawyers’ Initiative Giving Hospitals Thanks), raised more than $150,000 to feed frontline healthcare workers and support New Orleans’s renowned food and music industries. MBLB was honored to participate in this program.
It began as a weekly brainstorming call among law firm leaders about how to protect employees, stabilize firms and ensure that legal services would continue unhindered. But when New Orleans became a hotspot, the consensus quickly pivoted from protecting our own people to helping the community as a whole.
The group turned to Krewe of Red Beans and its Feed the Frontline NOLA project to turn money into meals. Donations allowed the nonprofit, to serve thousands of meals to health care workers in area hospitals. More than two dozen restaurants counted on daily orders to keep their doors open, while out-of-work musicians served as delivery drivers. The program ended May 3rd, but the entire program raised over $1,000,000 and served over 100,000 meals.
New Orleans Law Firms Teaming Up to Provide L.I.G.H.T.
L.I.G.H.T. , which now numbers 30 law firms, hopes to expand its support for essential frontline healthcare workers. Thanks to all who have participated to date, including:
- Adams and Reese, LLP
- Baker Donelson
- Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C.
- Breazeale, Sachse & Wilson, L.L.P.
- Carver Darden
- Chaffe McCall, LLP
- Christovich & Kearney, LLP
- Deutsch Kerrigan, LLP
- Fishman Haygood
- Frilot LLC
- Gainsburgh, Benjamin, David, Meunier & Warshauer, L.L.C.
- Gieger, Laborde & Laperouse
- Gordon Arata Montgomery Barnett
- Herman Herman & Katz
- Irwin Fritchie Urquhart & Moore, LLC
- Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Johnson, Yacoubian & Paysse
- Jones Walker
- Kean Miller LLP
- Krebs Farley & Dry
- Liskow & Lewis
- Lowe, Stein, Hoffman, Allweiss & Hauver, LLP
- Lugenbuhl, Wheaton, Peck, Rankin & Hubbard
- McCranie Sistrunk Anzelmo Hardy McDaniel & Welch LLC
- McGlinchey Stafford PLLC
- Melchiode Marks King LLC
- Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett, LLC
- Phelps Dunbar
- Porteous, Hainkel & Johnson
- Plauche Maselli Parkerson LLP
- Pugh Accardo
- Salley, Hite, Mercer & Resor, LLC
- Sessions, Fishman, Nathan & Israel
- Sher Garner
- Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn, LLP
- Stanley, Reuter, Ross, Thornton & Alford, LLC
- Stone Pigman Walther Wittmann L.L.C.
- Taylor, Wellons, Politz and Duhe, APLC
To join the project, please contact Ann Theriot at Ann.Theriot@phelps.com.