Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett is delighted to bring awareness to the mission of the Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF) and “365 Days of Justice,” the new interactive fundraiser the foundation launched last spring.
The LBF is the single largest grantor of funds in the State of Louisiana to support civil legal aid. The foundation supports the work of the two legal services corporations, as well as dozens of other organizations that advocate for children, victims of domestic violence, the elderly and disabled.
Member Alan Brackett is both a fellow and a board member in LBF. As Alan notes, “Access to justice is a critical need in Louisiana. We have a high poverty population and there are several barriers to the legal system that persist.”
LBF’s New Fundraiser: 365 Days of Justice
The goal of LBF’s new interactive fundraiser,“365 Days of Justice,” is to sell each day of the year while promoting “Justice for Every One, Every Day.” Donations range from $1 to $365, depending on which days of the year you select. Donors can celebrate special events or loved ones—birthday, anniversary, in memory of—by dedicating a day in their honor. The donor’s name and the tribute will be displayed on the LBF website.
About the Louisiana Bar Foundation
The Louisiana Bar Foundation exists to preserve, honor, and improve our system of justice by funding, developing or otherwise promoting efforts which enhance the legal profession, increase public understanding of the legal system and advance the reality of equal justice under the law.
- Assure every person in Louisiana reasonable access to the justice system regardless of mental or physical condition, economic status, or type of legal problem.
- Identify, acquire, preserve, enhance and exhibit documents, items, photographs, and other types of media items of significant historical interest to the Louisiana legal community and to the general public.
- Promote public awareness and understanding of the legal system and its goals, as well as the rights and obligations of all parties involved.
- Raise the ethical and professional standards of the lawyers who operate the legal system.
- Establish and administer endowment funds, Interest on Lawyers’ Trust Account funds, and other funds which can provide significant impact in fulfilling the goals of the Louisiana Bar Foundation.
- Support and enhance legal education in Louisiana.
Improve the efficiency of the justice system while protecting the right to a full and fair procedure.