Wilton E. Bland, IV, Associate
Associate Will Bland’s practice includes the defense of employers and insurance carriers for claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act. He also specializes in maritime personal injury defense, insurance coverage and asbestos litigation.
Will is known to be analytical and strategic in his approach to aggressively defending a claim through to resolution, paying attention to even the smallest detail and turning things around in a timely manner. He is highly personable and prides himself on his responsiveness to his clients’ needs. “I am more than willing to answer any question my client has, even if it is not related to the matter at hand. I am always available to address any concerns.”
Will has experience working in federal government, which gives him a unique understanding of the legislative process and is an added benefit for his clients. After college, he worked in the U.S. House of Representatives, first on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, then as a Legislative Assistant for a Congressman from Alabama. He then received an appointment from President George W. Bush to a position in the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Will is a native of New Orleans.
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, DOL-Joint Bar Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
Articles by Wilton E. Bland, IV
- Fifth Circuit Vacates Summary Judgment and Allows Consideration of Plaintiff’s Expert -
- Fifth Circuit Rejects Vicarious Liability Claim From Personnel Basket Injury -
- Ninth Circuit Finds DBA Claimant Failed to Establish Employee-Employer Relationship -
- Fifth Circuit: Maritime Carpenter Not Covered by LHWCA -
- Drilling Rig Exclusion Precluded Insured’s Reimbursement Claim Against Excess Insurer -