Tyler S. Loga, Associate
Tyler Loga’s areas of practice include the defense of employers and insurance carriers for claims arising under the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act, Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act.
In practice, Tyler believes in providing tenacious yet professional advocacy to bring his clients the resolution they require. “When my client comes to me with a problem, I pride myself on my ability to analyze the unique facts and numerous details of the case to determine the most efficient and cost-effective strategy to reach the desired outcome. As a Mass Communication Major at LSU, I also understand the importance of clearly communicating the results of my analysis; whether it is to my client, my opponent, or the Court.”
While earning his law degree at Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law, Tyler was a member of the Maritime Law Journal, serving as Chief of Staff on the 2017-2018 Editorial Board. His Comment, “Arbitration of a Seaman’s Claims: What is Performance Abroad? Another Nail in the Seaman’s Coffin!” was published in the Volume 17 Summer Journal. Tyler also served as President of the Maritime Law Society, and Social Chairman of the Student Bar Association.
With the exception of his time spent in Baton Rouge earning his undergraduate degree from LSU, Tyler has lived in the New Orleans area his entire life. In his free time, Tyler likes to spent time outdoors. He enjoys hunting, fishing, gardening, playing golf, listening to live music and tailgating before watching his beloved New Orleans Saints or LSU Tigers take the football field.
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Louisiana Bar Association
- American Inns of Court: St. Thomas More Inn of Court
- “Arbitration of a Seaman’s Claims: What is Performance Abroad? Another Nail in the Seaman’s Coffin!” Loyola University New Orleans Maritime Law Journal (Volume 17, Summer 2018).
- “Ninth Circuit Diverges from Fifth on the Availability of Punitive Damages for Personal Injury of a Seaman in Unseaworthiness Claims – Creates Circuit Split” The Loyola Current (January 31, 2018).
- “Federal District Court in Washington enforces arbitral award against foreign seaman under New York Convention dismissing the Plaintiff’s Claim” The Loyola Current (September 25, 2017).
- “Various Summary Judgment Issues decided in St. Paul Fire & Marine Insurance Litigation” The Loyola Current (July 27, 2017).
- “Maritime contract with state choice of law provision: Does the laches doctrine or state statute of limitations apply? The answer is both!” The Loyola Current (March 22, 2017).
- “Vessel Owner and Charterer’s Duty under 33 U.S.C. Sec. 905(b); Florida Wrongful Death Act Preempted by Longshore Act” The Loyola Current (October 11, 2016).
- Member, Maritime Law Journal (Chief of Staff, 2017-2018 Editorial Board)
- President, Maritime Law Society, Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law
- Social Chairman, Student Bar Association, Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law