Tyffani A. Lauve, Associate
Tyffani Lauve’s areas of practice include the defense of employers and insurance carriers for claims arising under the Jones Act, Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act.
Prior to joining Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett, Tyffani primarily practiced in Louisiana’s federal and state courts. She has handled matters ranging from defending individuals, along with their insurance carriers, in personal injury suits, to defending entities in antitrust litigation and individuals in criminal actions. She has also successfully defended her clients in matters pending before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and Louisiana Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Tyffani’s experience has allowed her to develop the necessary skills to be able to zealously advocate for her clients during any stage of the litigation process. “I understand that being well prepared and openly communicating with my clients is key to achieving a result that is in their best interest. Maintaining client relationships is vital to resolving any issues that may arise.”
Tyffani attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she was elected as the Vice President of Maritime Law Society and served on the Executive Board of Race Judicata. While in law school, she interned for the Honorable Jay C. Zainey of the Eastern District of Louisiana and completed an externship for the Honorable Joy Cossich Lobrano of the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal.
Tyffani is a native of the New Orleans area. In her free time, she enjoys travelling, live music, reading, baking, and spending time with her friends, family, and pets.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
Civic and Community
- Wills for Heroes, Attorney Volunteer
- Louisiana Special Olympics, Volunteer
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Jay C. Zainey of the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Joy Cossich Lobrano of the Louisiana Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal
- Student Practitioner, Loyola University New Orleans, College of Law Prosecution Clinic
- Vice President, Maritime Law Society, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law