Raymond P. Augustin, Jr., Special Counsel
Special Counsel Ray Augustin, Jr. has more than 40 years of litigation experience, which has included trucking, transportation and automobile liability defense, premises liability defense, general casualty and insurance defense and workers’ compensation defense. He has represented national commercial and personal lines insurers and their insureds, including individuals, motor carriers, transportation companies and national retail outlets.
For the last 30 years, Ray has litigated cases throughout Louisiana. This experience has given him specific insights into opposing counsel and jurisdictions throughout the state, an asset for the MBLB’s clients.
Ray especially enjoys personal interaction with his clients and sees himself as a problem solver. For the first nine years of his practice, Ray was a private practitioner involved in general civil litigation. That experience working with individuals has been vital throughout his years of practice. He believes communication is key to a successful outcome.
Ray is a native of New Orleans and he and his wife Jean, live in Harahan, Louisiana. They have three grown children and two grandchildren.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Former Treasurer and Secretary of the Minority Involvement Section
- Jefferson Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Martindale-Hubbell-AV Preeminent
Civic and Community
- St. Rita of Cascia Church in Harahan, Louisiana, Lector, Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, Coordinator of the Parish RCIA program
- New Orleans Archdiocesan Synod Marriage, Family and Youth Focus Team, Member
- Order of St. Louis Medallion from the Archdiocese of New Orleans, Recipient
- Archdiocese of New Orleans Distinguished Graduate Award, Recipient
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society, Member
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society, Lifetime Member