Michael T. Neuner, Associate
Associate Michael Neuner’s practice focuses on admiralty and maritime litigation and insurance defense. Prior to joining Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett, Michael gained significant experience handling a variety of cases for both plaintiffs and the defense, including premises liability, environmental disasters, personal injury, and class action settlements.
While attending the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Michael worked as a Judicial Extern for Magistrate Judge Patrick Hanna at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana in Lafayette. This experience has taught him the value of communication and preparation. “What separates ‘great’ attorneys from ‘good’ attorneys is their ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively present their argument to the Court, regardless of the merits of the case.”
Michael also worked as a Research Intern for Resources for the Future in Washington D.C., where he authored a paper, “Evidence on Processing Time, 2002–2014,” on the EPA’s New Source Review permitting programs under the guidance of the former Chief of the Natural Resources, Energy, and Agriculture Branch of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Additionally, Michael Served as the Senior Online Articles Editor for LSU’s Journal of Energy Law and Resources.
In his personal time, Michael enjoys traveling, attending concerts, and volunteering in his community.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Mariners Club of the Port of New Orleans, Board Member, Member
- Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association, Member
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Insurance Law (2023)
- Senior Online Articles Editor, LSU’s Journal of Energy Law and Resources
- Judicial Extern, Magistrate Judge Patrick Hanna at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana in Lafayette
- Research Intern, Resources for the Future in Washington D.C.
Articles by Michael T. Neuner
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana Declines to Hold Jones Act Employer Liable and Vessel Unseaworthy -
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana Rules on Discoverability Issues Presented by Collateral Source Rule -
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit Affirms Lower Court Decision in Maritime Case -
- Recent Opinion from Eastern District of Virginia Clarifies “Notice of a Claim” -