Melissa A. Miller, Associate
Associate Melissa A. Miller’s practice focuses on the defense of employers and national insurance carriers for claims arising under Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, War Hazards Compensation Act, and Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act.
While attending Tulane University Law School, Melissa practiced as a student attorney for the Tulane Civil Litigation Clinic, where she represented real clients, primarily in civil rights matters in federal court. This experience taught her how important it is to communicate regularly with her clients. “As matters are constantly evolving, I keep my clients informed every step of the way.”
Melissa graduated cum laude from Tulane University Law School, where she served as a member of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal, the preeminent student-edited law journal in the field of Admiralty and Maritime Law. Prior to law school, Melissa received her B.A. in Public Policy and Women’s Studies at Duke University.
Melissa enjoys exploring New Orleans, especially the restaurants, and spending time with her puppy.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Tulane Maritime Law Journal, Member
Articles by Melissa A. Miller
- Workers’ Compensation Rates Continue to Decrease in Louisiana -
- A Recent Case Upholds Offshore Warehouseman’s Workers’ Compensation Claim under the Longshore Act -
- Employee’s Provocation Defeats Compensation Claim -