Matthew T. Montoya, Associate
Associate Matthew T. Montoya’s practice focuses on the defense of employers and national insurance carriers for claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, War Hazards Compensation Act, and Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. Matthew is also well versed in insurance coverage disputes and workers’ compensation subrogation and recovery.
Prior to joining Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett, Matthew gained significant experience handling claims and developing relationships in the insurance industry on both a local and national level. This unique insight into the claims process has shaped his approach in aggressively defending claims for his clients. “Availability to my clients throughout the entire claims process is what I pride myself on. My experience allows me to address the needs of my clients while also keeping in mind the need to quickly resolve claims with positive results and limiting costs.”
Matthew is originally from Alameda, California. He attended the University of Arizona for his undergraduate degree and then Loyola University New Orleans College of Law. While in law school, Matthew interned as a law clerk at the Office of the Alameda County Public Defender in Oakland, California, where he represented real clients in various stages of the criminal justice system.
Outside of the office, Matthew enjoys traveling, reading, golfing and spending time with his wife, Danielle, a native New Orleanian.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Law Excellence Award in Pretrial Litigation, Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
Civic and Community
- Bernard Project, Former Volunteer (rebuilt homes damaged by Hurricane Katrina in Chalmette, LA)
- Metairie Park Country Day School, Former middle school basketball coach
- John Martyn Alternative High School, Former Mentor to at risk high school students in Jefferson, LA
- Clerk, Alameda County Office of the Public Defender, Oakland, California
- Intern, ChildrenLaw UK, London, England