Katie L. Gonsoulin, Associate
Associate Katie Gonsoulin’s practice focuses on admiralty and maritime litigation and insurance defense.
Katie’s family has a long history in the marine transportation industry dating back to the 1940s, giving her a unique perspective on the needs of her clients. “I understand the importance of attention to detail and active communication when representing businesses, as well as individuals, in order to achieve a successful outcome.”
Prior to joining Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett, Katie was highly involved in student activities at Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center. She served as the Executive Secretary of the Student Bar Association; a Senior Editor of the Journal of Energy Law and Resources, Volume X; and a Junior Associate of the Journal of Energy Law and Resources, Volume IX. She was also a member of the Maritime and Admiralty Law Society and mentored first year students.
Katie is a native of Houma, Louisiana. In her free time, she enjoys hunting, fishing, traveling, and spending time with friends and family. Her summers prior to law school were spent as an angler on the Done Deal fishing team competing in billfish tournaments across the Gulf Coast.
- Greater New Orleans Barge Fleeting Association, Member
- Mariners Club of the Port of New Orleans, Member
- Executive Secretary, Student Bar Association
- Senior Editor, Journal of Energy Law and Resources, Volume X
- Junior Associate, Journal of Energy Law and Resources, Volume IX
- Member, Maritime and Admiralty Law Society, LSU Law Center
- 1L Mentor, Student Bar Association Mentor Program