Katie L. Fox, Associate
Associate Katie Fox’s areas of practice include the defense of employers and insurance carriers for claims arising under the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act, Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act.
While attending Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Katie excelled in the advocacy program. She won Robert L. Tullis Moot Court Competition, competed in ABA National Appellate Advocacy competition twice, served as President of the Board of Advocates, and was selected for membership into Order of Barristers and the Wex Malone Inn of Court. She also served as an academic tutor for first year Legal Writing and Analysis and Chairman for the International Law Students Association.
Her most rewarding experience in law school was being part of Paul M. Hebert Law Center’s Immigration Law Clinic where she could work closely and build strong relationships with her clients. “I have always wanted a challenging yet rewarding career and cannot imagine a better way to have both than advocating for others.”
Katie is native to Little Rock, Arkansas, but cheers for the LSU Tigers every Saturday in the Fall. In her spare time, Katie enjoys running, traveling to visit her sisters and friends, and spending time with her rescue, Teddy.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Member, Order of Barristers
- Member, Wex Malone Inn of Court
- Winner, Robert L. Tullis Moot Court Competition
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable John W. deGravelles of the Middle District of Louisiana
- Student Practitioner, Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center Immigration Clinic
- President, Board of Advocates, Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center
Articles by Katie L. Fox
- Tort Claim Precluded by Louisiana Workers’ Compensation in Summary Judgment -
- Arkansas Appellate Court Provides Clarity on Meaning of “Due and Payable” Under LHWCA -
- OALJ Finds Employee Exposed to COVID-19 at Work Had Compensable Work Injury Under LHWCA -