Kathryn L. Briuglio, Associate
Associate Katie Briuglio’s practice focuses on admiralty and maritime litigation and insurance defense. Her practice also includes municipal liability. Prior to joining Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett, Katie gained valuable experience dealing with a range of cases, teaching her the importance of effective communication, preparation, and skillful collaboration.
Katie attended Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she graduated Cum Laude and earned certificates in Social Justice and Law, Technology, and Entrepreneurship. While attending Loyola University College of Law, Katie worked as a Rule XX student Practitioner handling misdemeanor and felony cases at the Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic. In addition, Katie worked as a research assistant to Professor Sandi Varnado, assisting with courses and matters focused on the Louisiana Civil Code. Katie was also a member of the Sports and Entertainment Law Student Association, Maritime Law Society, and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Society.
Katie is a native of New Orleans, and graduated from St. Mary’s Dominican High School and Louisiana State University before going to law school. Outside of the office, she enjoys traveling, cooking, and spending time with friends and family.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Mariners Club of the Port of New Orleans, Member
- Greater New Orleans Barge and Fleeting Association, Member
- Law Excellence Award for highest grade in Civil Law of Persons
Civic and Community
- Pi Beta Phi Sorority, community service projects
- Rule XX Student Practitioner, Stuart H. Smith Law Clinic
Articles by Kathryn L. Briuglio
- Third Circuit Holds The Bremen’s Framework Applies to Choice-of-Law Provisions in Marine Insurance Contracts -
Read more posts by Kathryn L. Briuglio