Julie M. Lafargue, Member
Member Julie Lafargue has more than 30 years of experience in transportation and automobile defense, general casualty and insurance defense, premises liability, products liability, and municipal litigation. She has successfully litigated hundreds of cases in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels. As supported by the peer honors she has received, including Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Rating, Julie has developed a reputation as a highly skilled trial attorney in civil and insurance defense litigation.
Julie enjoys working with her clients to identify the most efficient path to a successful outcome. “From the inception of a claim, I identify a specific result and work with the client to reach that result. I manage litigation with a roadmap and plan, and everything I do is directed toward accomplishing the desired result.”
Julie is a longtime member of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, where she has served as a board member. She is a Fellow of the Louisiana Bar Foundation, where she has served as a board member, and is past president of the Shreveport Bar Association and the Shreveport Bar Foundation. Julie is a past recipient of the Louisiana Bar Association’s Friend of Pro Bono Award.
Julie lives in Mid-City New Orleans with her spoiled dog, Callie. She has two adult daughters who live with their husbands in Little Rock, Arkansas. Julie loves all things New Orleans, including riding in the Krewe of Iris parade, eating the best food in all the world, listening to jazz music, and soaking up all the things this great city has to offer.
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member, Former Board Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow, Former Board Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Shreveport Bar Association, Member, Past President
- Shreveport Bar Foundation, Past President
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Friend of Pro Bono Award
Civic and Community
- First United Methodist Church
- Krewe of Iris
- Community Renewal International, Volunteer