Gerard J. Dragna, Member
As part of the firm’s “wheels team,” Member Gerard J. Dragna focuses his practice on transportation, trucking and automobile defense and litigation. He has represented Fortune 500 companies, motor carriers, trucking and transportation companies and their insurers in legal matters throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. As supported by the peer honors he has received, including Louisiana Super Lawyers and New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers, Gerard has developed a reputation as one of the top litigators in transportation law.
Gerard is an experienced trial attorney, who has successfully litigated hundreds of cases in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels. He has extensive experience handling catastrophic trucking, transportation and commercial auto accident cases. “Whether it is a catastrophic accident investigation, or an answer to a simple legal question, when my clients need me, they find me. I have always viewed the practice of law as a customer service industry. With any legal problem, I want my clients to feel that the solution is in the works as soon as they pick up the phone or send the first email seeking help.”
Gerard coordinates the firm’s catastrophic loss 24/7 emergency response team to provide quick and necessary protection to motor carriers, commercial drivers and their insurers when accidents involving fatalities or serious injuries occur. He works with investigators and accident reconstruction experts throughout Louisiana and Mississippi and uses cutting-edge technology to handle field and remote investigations.
Gerard is an active member of the Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA) and the Defense Research Institute’s (DRI) committees on trucking and insurance matters. He also regularly presents and participates in seminars involving the transportation, trucking and insurance defense industries.
Gerard was born and raised in New Orleans and is an avid LSU Tiger fan. He resides in Mandeville, Louisiana with his wife and their two daughters.
- Trucking Industry Defense Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member (Trucking Committee, Member; Insurance Committee, Member)
- Louisiana Motor Transportation Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Mississippi State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member; LSBA Budget Committee, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Super Lawyers – Transportation/Maritime (2013-2023)
- New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyers – Transportation Law (2015-2022); Insurance Law (2020, 2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell – Distinguished
Panels and Presentations
- Presenter, “Recent Developments in Louisiana Automobile Insurance Law,” New Orleans Association of Defense Counsel, March 2009
- Presenter, “Recent Developments in Louisiana Automobile Insurance Law,” Louisiana State Bar Seminar on Insurance Matters, March 2009
Articles by Gerard J. Dragna
- New Orleans Tractor-Trailer Accident Staging Update -
- Louisiana Legislation Mandating Coverage for Permissive Use of Non-Owned Vehicles Signed Into Law -
- Proposed Louisiana Legislation Seeks to Mandate Coverage for Permissive Use of Non-Owned Vehicles -
- Significant Ruling on Employer Independent Negligence Anticipated from Louisiana Supreme Court -
- Adopted Children Cannot Bring Wrongful Death or Survival Action for Biological Parents in Louisiana -
Read more posts by Gerard J. Dragna