Darren P. Tyus, Associate
Darren Tyus’ areas of practice include the defense of employers and insurance carries for claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act.
Darren joined Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand & Brackett with over a decade of experience representing employers, insurers, and individuals. He has also previously worked for an insurance carrier. “My diverse experience as an attorney and claims adjuster gives me a unique prospective when providing my clients with quality, efficient legal representation.”
Prior to joining MBLB, Darren worked for the City Attorney’s Office of New Orleans, where he represented the City in contract and franchise disputes, employment matters, general liability defense, and civil rights litigation. He successfully obtained multiple dismissals on behalf of the City of New Orleans in Section 1983 actions.
Darren is a native of New Orleans, Louisiana. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and kids. He also enjoys watching the New Orleans Saints, ULL Football, LSU Football, and the New Orleans Pelicans.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Former Social Chair
- Judicial Law Clerk, Orleans Parish Civil District Court
- Graduate, New Orleans Institute of Politics
Representative Reported Cases
- Carney v. City of New Orleans, et al, 468 F.Supp.3d 751(E.D. La. 2021)
- Littlejohn v. New Orleans City, et al., 493 F.Supp.3d 509 (E.D. La. 2021)
- Logan v. New Orleans Police Dept., 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 89112 (E.D. La. 2020)