Daniel P. Sullivan, Associate
Associate Daniel P. Sullivan’s practice focuses on the defense of employers and insurance carriers from claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, War Hazards Compensation Act, Jones Act, and Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. He has represented national insurance companies, defense contractors, drilling companies, self-insured entities and local businesses. He has extensive trial experience, trying cases before various Louisiana and Illinois state courts, including the Office of Administrative Law Judges, Louisiana Workforce Commission Office of Workers’ Compensation, and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Daniel has litigation experience from both the plaintiff and defense sides of workers’ compensation and third-party liability claims, enabling him to view a case from all perspectives and develop an effective litigation strategy, an added advantage for his clients. “I understand, especially at critical stages of litigation, what the motivations are of a claimant and her attorney. I know when they want to get out or move forward. From that read, I can always find a solution that is favorable for my clients whether it is settling or proceeding to trial.”
Prior to joining the Mouledoux, Bland, Legrand and Brackett, Daniel worked for a Gulf South law firm defending small businesses and major corporations against workers’ compensation and bodily injury claims. A Chicago native, he also worked for the Illinois Attorney General’s Office in the Workers’ Compensation Bureau, where he defended the State of Illinois against workers’ compensation claims filed against state agencies and state public funds.
When Daniel is not practicing law, he can be seen on the streets of New Orleans, showing his extraordinary moves as a 610 Stomper.
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2018)
Panels and Presentations
- National Business Institute, Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar, “Causal Relationship, Apportionment, and the Second Injury Fund” (December 2017)
- National Business Institute, Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar, “Medical Issues and their Roles in Complex Workers’ Compensation Claims.” (December 2017)
Civic and Community
- 610 Stompers
- Assistant Attorney General, Office of Illinois Attorney General, Workers’ Compensation Bureau
Articles by Daniel P. Sullivan
- Undocumented Workers as Workers’ Compensation Beneficiaries -
- NINTH CIRCUIT FINDS SUICIDE ATTEMPT BY LONGSHOREMAN COMPENSABLE -
- Second Circuit Finds Award of Surgery by OWC Premature -
- NINTH CIRCUIT HOLDS DEFENSE BASE ACT’S ZONE OF SPECIAL DANGER APPLICABLE TO LOCAL NATIONALS -
- Louisiana Supreme Court Affirms Finding of Age Discrimination, Reduces Damages -