Alejandro J. Rodríguez, Associate
Associate Alejandro J. Rodríguez has over ten years of experience defending a variety of cases in the areas of personal injury, workers’ compensation, trucking and transportation law, premises liability, and insurance defense. He is also experienced in defending claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, Defense Base Act, and War Hazards Compensation Act. Alejandro has successfully argued many cases before the Louisiana Courts of Appeal, including the First and Fifth Circuit, in an effort to secure favorable results for his clients who were treated unfairly at the state level.
Alejandro adamantly believes that the best way to protect his clients’ interests is through providing them with a complete and efficient response to their inquiries in the most expedient manner. “Clients who have worked with me know that they can reach me day or night, and they will not wait long before receiving a response to their questions or concerns.”
Alejandro was born and raised in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and is fluent in Spanish. He enjoys spending time with his wife and their children and is very involved in their extracurricular activities. He loves to cook and is a huge Saints fan. Alejandro regularly donates his time and resources to a number of non-profit organizations, including the NOLA lab rescue, fostering and finding “forever” homes for abandoned dogs.
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Member
Panels and Presentations
- Presenter, New Orleans Bar Association CLE on “Successful Management of Medical Payments in Workers’ Compensation” (May 16, 2014)
Civic and Community
- NOLA Lab Rescue, Volunteer
- The Supreme Court of the State of Louisiana – Authored and chaired appeal victory in Winn-Dixie Louisiana and Sedgwick Claims v. Physicians Surgical Specialty Hospital, No. 2013-C-2680 (La. February 21, 2014)
- Court of Appeals of Louisiana, First Circuit – Authored and chaired (with oral argument) appeal victory in Winn-Dixie v. HCA Management Services, L.P., No. 2013 CA 1687 (La. App. 1sr Cir. May 2, 2014)
- Court of Appeals of Louisiana, Fifth Circuit – Authored and chaired (with oral argument) appeal victory in Phyllis Summers v. The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans, et al., No. 2015 CA 1256 (La. App. 5th Cir. May 28, 2015); writ to Louisiana Supreme Court filed by opposing party denied